Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A History of Violence - Review

I did my research before seeing this movie. The impression I got was that this movie would start off peacefully slow, and then suddenly switch gears with lots of shocking action and violence.

WRONG!

This is a dull movie with just a few spurts of action. I would call it more of a character driven movie rather than an action flick. I was in the mood and ready for a action movie, and this movie simply doesn't fit the bill. I was decieved, and felt like my money was stolen.

There are some funny moments, in fact this movie could have been labled a comedy by the same critics that declared it an action film since there is probably more comedy in it than action.

The best scene is a toss up between a botched strangulation and the scene involving a cheerleading outfit. One was funny, one was pretty sexy and graphic.

Save this movie for the dollar theater or rent it.

No comments: